2020 is a year that I’m sure we can all agree could use some extra cheer, so join me as I share snippets of my Christmas Celebration with you on my YouTube channel called, My Fairytale Chronicles.
Below are notes and links to things discussed on my videos.
December 8th, 2020:
Gluten and Dairy Free Skillet Cookies (adapted from I Am Baker)
1/2 cup dairy free butter substitute (I used Earth Balance), plus extra for pans
6 TBS brown sugar, packed (dark brown is good here for a more rich flavor)
6 TBS granulated sugar
2 large egg yolks
1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup + 2TBS all-purpose gluten-free flour blend
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup shredded sweetened coconut
1/4-1/2 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dairy-free chocolate chips + 1-2 TBS for sprinkling on top.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and both sugars on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes using an electric mixer.
- Beat in egg yolks and vanilla until just combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Stir in nuts, coconut, and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Divide into two portions, shaping into disks the size of your pans. Add additional chocolate chips to the top, pressing in slightly, then add sprinkles and wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare 5-6″ cast-iron skillets by greasing liberally with butter.
- Add chilled cookie dough to pans, removing wax paper, and bake for approximately 30 minutes, or until cookie is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes before serving with vanilla ice cream and hot fudge sauce.